Earlier in the summer, we all went berry pickin'. We all is me, mommy, oma, grandpa, and Lily. It was a lot of fun but I never posted about it because I was very busy. But now I'd like to tell you about my trip to the berry patch.
Here is a picture of me when I first went into the berry patch. I was excited because I'd been promised strawberries.
Here's mommy getting ready to start picking berries. Lily rode on mommy's back while we picked berries, so mommy did more blackberry picking than strawberry picking. Lily wore her strawberry shirt to pick strawberries, but she delined her photo op.
Grandpa is explaining that I should only pick the very ripe strawberries. You can tell a strawberry is ripe because it is red. Red is a great color because red is the color of delicious.
Oma needed to remind me how to find the good berries because I kept forgetting and picking any old thing I could find.
Look at that!
YUM!
The berry patch also had blackberries. Blackberries and other kinds of berries that look like blackberries but taste even better!
Grandpa tried to explain that I should only pick the really dark blackberries, but the sour red ones tasted just fine to me!
Here's mommy and Lily with all the berries we picked! Lily took a nice nap on mommy's back while she picked berries.
Mommy made all kinds of delicious things with our berries. She made pies and tarts and jams, and I loved it all! I can't wait till we go pick apples in a few weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment