Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mauna Kea

Another place we visited on the Big Island was Mauna Kea. Mauna Kea is a very very big "mountain" and daddy went all the way up to the top! Mommy and I couldn't go because of me being a baby and mommy having my little sister in her belly, but daddy said it was awesome at the top! While daddy went to the summit, mommy and I hiked around the visitor center, which is still really high up! It was much colder up high than the weather I was used to in Hawaii, so I had to wear pants AND a jacket!


There was a really cool silver cactus that I got to see!


And daddy and I got to do one of our favourite things together - eat!


I almost never ever fall asleep in my carseat, but sometimes, when mommy and daddy drag me around an entire island in a day and don't let me take a nap, this is what happens!


No comments:

Post a Comment